Mixed Salad of Thoughts

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Final Tally

As close as I can figure, since my roommate moved out I(and a few others who have helped) cleared out:

Over 25 bags of garbage and recycling (probably about 17:8)
2 Dressers
3 Side tables
1 Bookcase
2 Director Chair frames
1 Minivan and 2 carloads of belongings to Goodwill.

There is still a "small" (2'x3'x3') pile of stuff to be sorted through, a few boxes that other friends are supposed to pick-up, 1/2 a fridge & 1/2 a freezer to be cleared out and cleaned, as well as an entire bathroom, fully filled with toiletries, blankets, perfumes and other junk. Oh, and a car to be sold.

My landlords were amazing and over a two-day period patched water damage, installed a new light fixture, and repainted and re-carpeted my roommate's old room so that I can move in afresh-(once the fumes clear)






Visit my other blog here

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

I would just like to say that you are a very, very nice person for clearing out ALL of that person's stuff. I mean, you still have to live there so you kind of had to, but that was totally sucky of that person to leave you with all that work. BOO EX ROOMMATE.

All the same, it probably feels really good to have all that stuff gone!

11:16 PM  
Blogger SarahA said...

Wow, I didn't realize there was a car to sell, too. That's pushing it for me. I felt bad enough leaving my car with my mom after I had already sold it. All she had to do was clean it and take the money but I felt bad. Although she got to keep the money so it was worth it for her :)

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home