Mixed Salad of Thoughts

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Junk Food

The other day my friend commented that I probably "don't even have any junk food in your house". It's true, I ate it all. I try to keep from buying it because I know that if I do the end result will be that I will eat it... all of it...and probably in one sitting. I try to avoid that, and not having it is a great way of avoiding it.

So when I get a craving for junk what happens? I cook, prepare, and scour my house for any morsel of tasty bad-for-you food... This happened last night.

So with my sugar/salt/carb & creamy sensors on high I looked for forbidden foods. What I found and what I ate would make most people laugh at it's relative "unhealthiness" but to me--total junk.

I had fresh strawberries and wanted some sort of ice cream/whipped cream sort of topping so I whipped up some silken tofu, soy milk, agave nectar, and orange oil to make a lovely thick cream for my strawberries. Then I found processed american cheese slices in the fridge...DANGER! ;) I melted two slices in the microwave and ate them plain, then, enjoying the cheesy goodness so much I made a grilled cheese sandwich with some really great sprouted wheat bread and margarine. It was sinfully delicious even if it might be on someone else's healthy eating end of the spectrum (on mine it is most certainly on the other end).

So yes, I eat junk food, it's just a higher level of junk.




Visit my other blog here

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds delish. I also keep junk food out of my house. When it was warmer I would go across the street to Potbelly for a shake but now it'd probably freeze by the time I got it home.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The current marketing slogan for weightwatchers.com is: Live or Diet. :)

Frankly speaking, healthy diet is a very good practice to everyone.
Since you've already built a subconscious mind on diet in your daily life, it is time to quantify your eating behavior; therefore, you are not over-worried about indulging yourself all the time.

To do so, you need to set up a healthy target (ideal) weight for yourself (do some research on that) and a reasonable range around that target weight. Within the range, you should not worry about the food too much.

After all, enjoying the food is one of the most important parts of living.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home