Mixed Salad of Thoughts

Thursday, September 04, 2008

I want out.

How many times have I written this post?

Really? I think at least once a year and often times more I just get the itch. I just feel like I want to jump ship or run away or whatever cliche expression you want to put to it.

I feel lost: I don't know where I am and I don't know where I'm going--LOST.

I look at jobs on job boards and can't find a single query that gives me any result I'd even vaguely be interested in. I ponder what it would be like to sell most my stuff, put the rest in storage and move somewhere...anywhere... and then just find a job to pay the bills...any job. Would I be happy as a waitress in Portland? How about in Paris? Would I enjoy teaching English in Korea? Would I be happy as a receptionist in South Africa? Where? What?

I know this often happens to me with the changing of the seasons, with the oncoming cold. I know it rained all day today and I was consequently in a kind of crummy mood. I know all this, and I know that days from now I may not feel this as strongly...but won't it still be there?

Visit my other blog here

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger SarahA said...

I've been trying to figure out if I want to move back to Minnesota because I like it and miss it or if I just want a change. I've been thinking about it for 6 months but I still can't tell.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home