Mixed Salad of Thoughts

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Breakfast at noon.

I grabbed another small handful of blueberries and tossed them in my mouth, eating them while slicing up the half a banana remaining from my crepe adventures Saturday night. The sourdough came out of the toaster, got slathered with brie and went into the toaster oven. Butter sizzled in the skillet. Bananas added to the butter made a small hiss. Another mouthful of blueberries as I put the kettle on high.

A few minutes later I sat with my perfect day-off breakfast (at noon). The bananas, soft and caramelized with cinnamon and brown sugar were slightly heaped atop the melted brie and sour-dough. The cup of hot Sadaf Cardamom tea sweetened and made even more dessert-like with the addition of some soy creamer. The house-- quiet and warm, my feet bare, the kitchen smelling of sweet bananas and butter. These are the days I savor and enjoy and like to imagine I will one day look back on longingly in a loud, child-filled house at an ungodly early hour. So why can I not just enjoy without longing for that future house instead? Ah, well, perhaps more tea will help.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaleh D said...

Sounds yummy. And despite all the interruptions, I often write more effectively with the little guy running around than when he's gone all weekend.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My five-year old daughter is a chatterbox and never allows me a moment of silence unless I have an engaging project for her to work on. I am no longer with her dad, but sometimes I wish we could get together for a one-night stand to provide her with a sibling. Believe me, at times, it would be well worth it. Love her and her spoken thoughts dearly, tho. Thank God for childless aunts and uncles.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home