Mixed Salad of Thoughts

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My dad was a remote control hog. Rarely could we persuade him to watch anything he wasn't interested in watching. As a consequence I grew up watching a lot of Star Trek and Doctor Who and National Geographic specials.

When I got older Dad and I would sometimes go to the movies together. My last visit home with him last year it was fun to go see the new Indiana Jones Movie with him (having enjoyed all the previous movies with him and having once bought him the boxset as a present).

The new Star Trek movie is amazing and exactly the sort of movie Dad loved. I really wish I could watch it or discuss it with him. I know he would have had all sorts of small insights and correlations I didn't notice. I can just picture the smug expression he would have had on his face looking as if the whole thing was his idea.

Miss you Dad!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home