Mixed Salad of Thoughts

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Loose ends

Other things I'm wondering about that I haven't seen much talk on or don't have any real beliefs in the theories I've seen:

-Colin and Dennis Creevy--outside of being adoring fans, will they play some role?
-Filch & the Librarian
-We found out in GOF that the Weasleys live near the Diggorys, the Lovegoods, and the Fawcetts--do wizards never visit their neighbors? Does Apparating make everyone your neighbor?
-Godric's Hollow and Godric Gryffindor--what's the connection?
-We've seen Fleur will be involved (in at least a wedding) in the last book, what kind of role will there be for Viktor Krum? (Rowling has said he will appear) Will Harry use the Wronski Feint?
-Florean Fortesque disappeared...why?
-the color emerald--cursed necklace, poison protecting horcrux, color of the Dark Mark
-How is Percy's relationship with his family going to effect the story?
-Draco Malfoy--I hope Harry saves his life in an act of pity and love --he's Snape:James and although they hated each other James saved Severus's life and Snape repented to Dumbledore when he found out Voldemort was after the Potters
-Wormtail's life-debt to Harry, and the funny correlations I keep drawing between Gollum/Frodo--a finger loss and Luke Skywalker--a lost hand/mechanical hand, plus that whole "have pity on Gollum" foreshadowing that was done when Harry confessed to Dumbledore his regret at having saved Wormtail. I like the idea that Voldemort might regret giving a hand to someone owing a life to Harry.
-Who will be the DADA teacher this year at Hogwarts?
-Did Dumbledore have a will?
-Will the centaurs or Firenze have a part in the last book
-What about other creatures-House Elves, Giants, Merpeople, etc. I mean we never saw resolution to Winky, and Dobby has been useful so far, but were they all really just backdrop?
-the mirror that Sirius gave Harry

More with the quoting clues:

-JKR: “The final chapter is hidden away, although it has now changed very slightly. One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two [main characters] die that I didn't intend to die.”
Ouch...she didn't even mean for them to die, but they do? I'm hoping it's periphery people like members of OOtP or Staff at Hogwarts. I'd hate for it to be a Weasley or any of the kids Harry's age (although I admit that I've considered Neville's death possible)
-JKR: "...No, I've plotted it out, and I think you'd start to see that I've run out of plot if I go past this [book]"
She says there WILL be loose ends, but that the plot will definitely be resolved. Kind of makes me sad to see it all end.

-JKR: "We will find out the significant information about Harry’s mother in two parts: books 5 and 7. Both are “very important in what Harry ends up having to do.” "

Lisa on accio-quote: It seems that more than just her eyes are important! We know so little about Lily. Why did she change her mind about James? Did Snape ever apologize? What was her relationship with Petunia like? What did she do for work after graduating? Why was Voldemort willing to let her live?


All my same questions, I've been liking the theories that Lily and Snape worked together in potions, or at least that he might have shared some of his work with her, in that his spells (even the non-verbal ones that would be difficult to pick-up/copy) were disseminated to Gryffindor students like the Marauders. Who leaked them?

Jo says a question we should be asking is “why Dumbledore did not kill or try to kill Voldemort in the scene in the ministry.” Dumbledore did not give the real reason. [link to source]

Background: In chapter 35 of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Dumbledore responds to Voldemort’s third attempt at an AK curse with a wordless, forceful spell that makes Harry’s hair stand on end even though he is some distance away. Voldemort deflects it in time with a “silver shield.” Although we are not told what it was, Voldemort recognizes the spell and knows that Dumbledore is not trying to kill him. Dumbledore explains to Voldemort that “Merely taking your life would not satisfy me,” but according to Jo, that’s not the real reason.


ooh...I like it! Personally I don't think DD would kill anyone, as it would hurt his soul, but also he knows about Voldemort's strong faith in the Prophecy and has strong hunches about his having horcruxes, so 1st he'd know that he probably COULDN'T kill Voldemort, and second he would have wanted to re-inforce in Voldemort the belief that Harry would be the only one who could kill him. (If V put no stock in the prophecy it wouldn't might not come true.) I wonder if the spell he hit him with was something to weaken or change him--like a love potion or similar to the effect of the Imperius Curse as Harry describes it--kind of warm, easy and pleasant.


What did James and Lily Potter do when they were alive?

JKR: "Well, I can't go into too much detail, because you're going to find out in future books. But James inherited plenty of money, so he didn't need a well-paid profession. You'll find out more about both Harry's parents later."


It seems to me that when Harry 1st visited the bank it was said that James and Lily had done quite well during their time. So was the money inherited or earned?











Visit my other blog here

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home