Mixed Salad of Thoughts

Saturday, July 21, 2007

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!! for Harry Potter

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!


!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!


!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!


!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!


!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!


!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!


!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!


!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!


!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!


!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!



I got the book at 12:01 and read the first chapter in my car. I got home at about 12:30 and exchanged a couple of phone calls with Shannon and Nate, my fellow readers. I determined a little ways in that, as I had no one to talk to in person, I was going to write down all the exclamations I made out loud.

p175
"Awww...I'm so sad for Draco!"said in surprise and pity
p200
"Oooh..Thank you! I love you Jo!"
p276
I started laughing at the Frodo-ism of Harry wearing the locket but not wanting to
p310
"And already the fellowship is broken!"-me
6AM
I just called Shannon and she had fallen asleep and stopped reading around page 130. She said she was sad over Hedwig's death. I reminded her she needed "CONSTANT VIGILENCE!" and she said she would get back to work
After hanging up I thought I should have said "But Shannon, Frodo's got a long way to go before Middle Earth is safe"
p379
"Stuff like that always sounds cooler than it really was" said Harry. "I've been trying to tell you that for years."
LOL...YAY!
p388, 7:36-7:50AM
Sleepy little nap
p435, 8:45AM
p444
"faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo."
p476
:( ...Dobby died.
p502, 11:55
Ah...retreat of the hero/prophet/Chosen One (to the mountains, cave, etc.)
p503
Dumbledore was disarmed by Malfoy, does that mean the Elderwand would belong to him, or Snape?
p576 1:13PM
Maybe I'm just tired, but Neville saying his grandmother was proud of him totally made me tear up.
p578
"NEVILLE'S THE MAN!"
p580
more crying

LOL!!...McGonagall "We teachers are rather good at magic, you know."
p602
[Clapping] "The houses are going to join together!" more tears
p604
"God help whoever tries to attack this school." Professor Xavier--XMen
p733
more crying
p734
"Awww...Kreacher!"
p736
"Mrs. Weasley...LANGUAGE!!!"



So not too many big spoilers, and not too long of a post as I've only slept a couple of hours, but here are my over-all, end results happy and sad points:

Sad:
I really wanted to get to know Lily's personality more, I also wish there had been more Snape throughout and more anything from Ginny (seriously, why not just shut her in a vanishing cabinet?) and some mention of Fawkes

I really didn't like the Epilogue. I think partly because it wasn't from Harry's perspective, so it stuck out, but also because it was a little too Hollywood ending. It was especially odd not to have it be a little more personal, rather than just name dropping. I would have liked to have seen the relationship Harry had with his Godson.

Happy:
I still LOVE Dumbledore and was really happy all the other Magical Creatures played a role. Long live the DA!




Visit my other blog here

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home